Our Key Milestones
- DFS Chocolate Trading Division closed on 1 October.
- FNA was born with 5 staff and 2 agency lines – Hawaiian Host & Droste.
1991 - 1993
- Acquired additional agency lines – Ritter Sport, The Belgian & Golden Boronia.
- Opened first retail outlet in Cold Storage Promenade.
- Began expansion of extensive distribution network and Retail Division.
1994 - 1995
- Setup chocolate manufacturing plant in Kuala Lumpur.
- Started Food Services Division.
1996 - 1997
- Expanded into Duty-Free business globally.
- Officially appointed by Kraft Jacob Suchard as Regional Duty-Free distributor for Toblerone, Daim and Milka.
1998 - 1999
- Masterfoods (M&M’s, Celebrations and Snickers) and Ferrero Rocher joined stable of 20 premier chocolate brands already on hand.
2000 - 2001
- After much intense competition with eight other local distributors, FNA was appointed the sole distributor for Swiss Delice in Singapore by Migros Industries, Switzerland.
- Launched retail concept store “The Cocoa Trees” in Singapore.
2002 - 2003
- Regional Duty-Free business portfolio flourished.
- Moved into 50,000 square feet office and warehouse.
- Upgraded logistics support.
2004 - 2005
- Expanded retail concept store “The Cocoa Trees” regionally
2006 - 2007
- Opened additional four of “The Cocoa Trees” retail stores at Changi Airport Terminals 1 & 2, adding up to 15 stores in total.
2008 - 2009
- Secured major confectionery concessions at Changi Airport Terminals 1, 2 and in the then Budget Terminal to become the largest retailer of chocolate and confectionery products at Changi Airport.
- Strategic regional development plans in progress.
2010 - 2013
- M&M’s first concept store was opened at Changi Airport Terminal 1 in 2011, and a second outlet at Changi Airport Terminal 3. Its flagship store was opened at Changi Airport Terminal 2 in 2012.
- Launched another new retail concept store “Cocoa & Co.”.
- Choc Spot’s first retail store was established at Lucky Plaza to cater for growing demand for affordable and quality chocolates at proximity from homes.
2014 - 2017
- Shifted headquarters and warehouse to a much larger premise to cater for further expansion in future.
- The Cocoa Trees and Cocoa & Co. were awarded the Moodie Davitt Report’s Dreamstore award in the confectionery category in 2015 and 2016 consecutively.
- Launched a unique retail concept store “Taste Singapore” at Changi Airport Terminal 1 to merchandise and sell Singapore related food products in 2016. The second retail store was opened in 2017.
- Opened the largest The Cocoa Trees retail store at Changi Airport Terminal 4.
- Choc Spot is awarded the Outstanding Brand Award 2017 due to its rapid expansion and growth.